Podcast 17 – The Power of Functional Neurology (This stuff is so cool!)
Michelle Malmberg (my guest on podcast 15) and I take the opportunity to interview Jeremy Schmoe, an amazing functional neurologist and fellow in Brain Injury Rehabilitation who is certified by the American Chiropractic Neurology Board and has completed a TBI Certification, he works with patients from all over Minnesota, and internationally.
(You can also hear this episode on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and almost every other podcast network!)
Jeremy works with brain injury, brain diseases, and other neurodegenerative diseases, and is trained by Dr. Ted Carrick, a master of improving and even correcting movement disorders. You can learn more about Dr. Schmoe, and schedule an appointment at thefnc.com
In this episode we talk about:
- TBI certification
- Why chiropractic or functional neurology
- Function Neurology work-up
- Gut/Brain Connection
- Primitive reflexes
- Vision Therapy and Functional Neurology Partnership
- Eye/Brain Connection
- Concussion in the female brain
- Hormones and the brain
- Chemical concussion and nutrition
- Glial priming
- Stimulating dead and dying neurons (raising the dead)
- Functional neurologists: wizards
- What are saccades?
- Functional neurology: rehabilitation AND optimization
- Everything is connected
It was such an honor to interview such a brilliant practitioner, and we are so excited to continue to work with him in the future! Thanks again, Jeremy!
- Carrick Institute Doctor Locator
- iafnr.org (International Association of Functional Neurology and Rehabilitation)